Heatsail | Maintenance
Henry Hall Designs is based in San Francisco, California, and since its inception, has offered clients high quality outdoor furniture in a range of innovative designs. Along with our leading designer showroom representatives nationwide, we strive to make every purchase as seamless as possible for our clients. As a privately-owned company, run by founder Henry Hall, we personally stand behind our products and are committed to providing the utmost in customer service and product excellence.
- To Clean: Your DOME must be cleaned on a monthly basis. The electrical supply must be disconnected via the installation’s breaker switch and by disconnecting the wiring before cleaning activities can commence.
- Cleaning may only be done with a soft, dry cloth.
- Do not use any abrasive cloth.
- Do not use detergents. Using a high pressure and/or steam cleaner is prohibited.
- Cleaning is only permitted once the DOME has completely cooled down.
- Noncompliance with these rules may compromise the safety of the device.
Heatsail will not be held responsible for damage resulting from noncompliance with the cleaning instructions.
- Replacing the bulb: Your DOME is supplied with an R7S 240V/120 watt (78mm) halogen bulb as standard.
- The maximum permitted output power of the bulb is 120 watts.
- The electrical supply must be disconnected via the installation’s breaker switch before the bulb can be replaced.
- Replace the bulb by carefully sliding the glass upwards. Use a tool (like a screwdriver) to hold up the glass.
- The bulb is held in place by a spring. Remove the bulb by first pushing it to the left or right and thereby releasing it from its socket.
- Replace the bulb and reverse previous steps.
Please note: Be careful never to touch the halogen bulb with bare fingers, as oils from skin will significantly reduce bulb life.
- The DOME must be subjected to an annual inspection.
- The user is not authorized to carry out his own inspections and repairs. Inspection of the DOME must exclusively be carried out by qualified and authorized technicians, in accordance with Heatsail’s applicable standards and Regulations. “Qualified technicians” are understood to mean: qualified electricians who are familiar with the applicable electrical laws and regulations in accordance with the requirements of NFPA 70 and OSHA Regulations 29 CFR 1910.304(b)(2).
- The electrical supply must be disconnected via the installation’s main breaker or by disconnecting the plug before any work can be carried out.
- All repairs must be requested via an authorized distributor of Heatsail products. A repair is only valid when original parts have been used.
- Upon written approval by Heatsail, the entire control panel should be returned in case of a defective cable. Heatsail will not be held responsible for damage resulting from noncompliance with the maintenance instructions.